Already have a Username/Password for International Journal of Conflict and Violence (IJCV)?
Go to Login
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
The submission is original and has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in the submission e-mail).
The submission file is in Microsoft Word or RTF file format. The submitted manuscript does not exceed a length of 6.000 words (excluding References and Figures). The text is double-spaced, uses a 12-point font, employs italics rather than underlining (except with URL addresses), and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
Where available, URLs, URNs or DOIs for the references have been provided.
The text adheres to the formatting, content, stylistic, and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Complete personal information on all authors (i.e., full names, affiliations, and contact adresses) has been provided on a separate Title Page that is submitted as a separate document along with the anonymized manuscript.
All references to authors names have been removed from the anonymized manuscript.
I am aware that submitting a manuscript that does not meet the above mentioned criteria may lead to rejection without further evaluation.
Upon submitting a contribution, the authors certify that:
- They are authorised by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The submitted manuscript is original and has not been published in a similar form or with generally the same content in an ISSN/ISBN-registered journal respectiv book before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication has been approved by all the authors and that the authors have full authority to enter into this agreement.
- They warrant and represent that they have the full power and authority to enter into and execute this agreement and to convey the rights granted herein, and that such rights are not now subject to prior assignment, transfer or other encumbrance. This also applies to the text and photo originals attained from other sources (for which the authors have secured the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere).
- Their manuscript contains nothing that is unlawful, libellous, or which would, if published, constitute a breach of contract or of confidence or of commitment given to secrecy.
- In the event that the parties to this agreement, either individually or collectively, are held responsible for damages or the costs of a legal process undertaken by a third party as a result of the authors’ actions under points 1, 2, 3, and 4, the authors agree to release the publisher from the claims of the third party and to compensate the publisher for any resulting legal costs.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement:
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication in print and online. The work is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works License (CC-by-nd), which allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal. However, the work may not be altered or transformed. The license is valid for both electronic and paper copies.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors grant IJCV rights to integrate the work, its title, and its abstract in databases, abstracting and indexing services, and other similar information sources.
- German Law shall apply to this agreement. Court of jurisdiction is Bielefeld, Germany.
The full legal code of this license (in German).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.